ActivePinger is an App that generates acoustic waveforms commonly used by sonar and displays the results in real-time. Depending on your surrounding environment, you can see the reverberation after pinging. Unlike most Apps, ActivePinger is actually two Apps combined into one: Signal Generator and Spectrogram display. There are six waveforms to choose from: Continuous Wave(CW), Coxcomb, Geometric Comb, Costas Waveforms, Pseudorandom waveform(PRNG) and Hyperbolic Frequency Modulation(HFM) waveform. This tool is great for students and professional engineers studying in the field of sound and vibration since you can see the results of the pinging waveforms in real-time.
Increased the FFT size to 44100 samples. Now it's more accurate than ever! Every frequencies can now be detected.
*NOTE to customers*
Please informed us (email@example.com) if you have any issues running the App on your phone or you are not completely satisfied. We can issue you a refund. Thanks, VT
Since this tool is integrated with FastGram, it also inherited the same benefits:
*New Features from previous release*
- Added a highly requested feature giving the operator the ability to zoom in and out for viewing data at every frequency bin.
- Added options for graph display setting of line plot or bar chart
- Added 8 Matlab like windowing functions
Here are the highlighted features:
1. Three displays: Time-Domain and Frequency-Domain 2D graph and a spectrogram.
2. Selectable sample rates and FFT size. Max sample rate of 48k and max FFT size of 44100.
3. Zoom in or out for viewing data at high resolutions.
4. Matlab like windowing functions.
5. Matlab like colormaps.
6. Display 2D graph setting in line or bar chart mode.
7. Records audio data to SD card or socket for playback.
8. Signal conditioning such as averaging or setting data threshold trigger.
9. Two crossbars for easy readout and calculating the deltas.
10. View data in landscape or portrait mode
11. And many more!
Hardware permission required by this App:
1. WRITE_SETTINGS - This is needed to change the display from sleeping.
2. RECORD_AUDIO - Data taken from microphone.
3. INTERNET - This is required for transmitting audio data over a socket.
4. WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Save recorded audio data to SD for playback.
This App covers the following topics: spectral analyzer, signal processing engineer, FFT, sonar, sound, acoustics, music and oceanographer.
If you like this app, checkout our other apps: Acoustics Filter, Waterfall Spectrum Analyzer, iSpectral, iGram and FastGram.
Since each phone has different hardware, you may need to increase or decrease your sample rate or FFT size setting to get optimal response.
**** Mini Manual ****
1. Zoom In/Out
The app starts displaying data as soon as you launch it. To zoom in and out, make sure to press the button starting with "Zm" to "Zm On". Once this is selected start dragging the touch screen and release to zooming in. Press the "Back" button to zoom out.
2. To see readout of cursor, make sure to press the "Bar" button to "Bar On" and start touching the screen. There are two cross bars and the one that is closest to where you touch will be the active one.